Saturday, September 21, 2024

Destination Bhutan!

As my altered-ego Harry the Human reported (http://harrythehuman.harrythehumanpoliticalthoughtsfrombeyondthepale.com/), my wife and I are traveling to Bhutan in December. I had not intended to bombard readers with boring descriptions of how beautiful everything is in Bhutan, but Harry's desert companion Robert the Telepathic Gila Monster has intervened to make this a rather challenging trip, and I'll need to write and post about it just to maintain internal stability. It seems I'm expected to smuggle Robert through various airport security systems and flights, then transport him across the Bhutanese plains to Gangkhar Puensum, at 24,000 feet Bhutan's highest peak, which is ruled by an ancient pre-Buddhist mountain god named InsertHere (don't ask), to whom Robert will convey greetings from InsertHere's cousin, Tab B (Harry explains the odd nomenclature), who as it happens is the god of our own Funeral Peak in the Black Mountains outside Death Valley. Recently Tab B came to Robert in a dream and told him that he, Robert, must accompany me to Bhutan to give greetings to his estranged cousin and commune about the world situation. There will be a lot to commune about, as it will be the month after America's fateful 2024 Presidential election, and we will know a little more about which way the world is turning. I can't say I understand how I'll be smuggling a live gila monster through multiple airport securities, not to mention two nights of preparatory clubbing in Bangkok, but Robert assures me that anything is possible when a mountain god is on your side. All I know for sure is that I'll be posting updates assiduously on this journey, as it promises to be something beyond the typical Instagram mediated show-off vacation. Stay tuned, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proto or sub conscious?

Sometimes, when responding to a query, I might draw a connection or make an association, coming from somewhere in my mentality that surpri...